Who can apply to Career Services?
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply for Vocational & Employment Supports with Career Services you must be a person who has a disability* that creates a barrier in finding or keeping a job AND:
- an adult (18+)
- a student looking for a summer work experience (16+)
- able to provide (or make arrangements for) transportation to and from Career Services’ locations and work sites
- prepared to follow a work schedule on a regular basis. You may work part-time or full-time, but dependability is a basic work expectation
- independent in your basic needs. Career Services does not provide personal support in the areas of eating, dressing, hygiene, or medication.
- motivated to work and ready to accept instruction, direction, correction and advice
*MCCSS partially funds Career Services to provide vocational and employment services to job seekers with developmental/intellectual disabilities.
How do you apply to Career Services?
You will need to participate in a consultation meeting. To make arrangements for a consultation, you can contact us:
- by phone: (613) 342-5775
- by TTY: (613) 498-3123
- by email: email@example.com
Consult: The consult meeting will take about one hour and is a chance for you to learn about us, and for us to get to know you. During the consult meeting, you will be asked questions about your address/phone number, birth date, education level, work history, interests, goals, strengths and needs.
After the consult, together we can decide if registering with Career Services is right for you at this time. If we decide Career Services is the right program for you; we will schedule a registration meeting where we will learn more about you and how we can work together.