Service Intake & Eligibility

Who can apply to Career Services?

To be eligible to apply for Employment Supports with Career Services you must be:

  • A person who has a disability that creates a barrier to finding or keeping a job.
  • An adult, 18 years or older.
  • A student looking for a summer work experience who is at least 16 years or older.
  • Able to provide or make arrangements for transportation to and from Career Services’ locations and work sites.
  • Prepared to follow a work schedule on a regular basis. You may work part-time or full-time, but dependability is a basic work expectation.
  • Independent in your basic needs. Career Services does not provide personal support in the areas of eating, dressing, hygiene, or medication. If you need attendant care, your personal support worker may accompany you to the job as needed.
  • Motivated to work and ready to accept instruction, direction, correction and advice.

To be eligible to apply for the Thresholds school-to-work transitional supports program offered through Career Services and other area agencies you must be:

  • A person with an developmental disability 18+ years of age
  • Recently out of school
  • Living at home or on your own

How do you apply to Career Services?

You will need to attend a consultation meeting. To make arrangements for a consultation, you, your parents or advocates, your doctor, or another agency can contact us -on line, by phone at (613) 342-5775, by TTY at (613) 498-1610 or by email.

The consult will take about one hour and is a chance for you to learn about us, and for us to get to know you. During the consult, you will be asked questions about your address/phone number, birth date, education level, work history, interests, goals, strengths and needs.

At the end of the consult, the Intake Counsellor will suggest options. Together, you will choose one of the options and review the next steps to receiving service.

Apply Online Now


Next: Vocational Assessment